Mac Pro upgrades

Posted by RJ805 
Mac Pro upgrades
October 12, 2014 04:26PM
Need some guidence...

I have a Mac Pro 2 X 2.26 Quad Core with 32GB of Ram.

Im using Premiere CC as my main editing platform and as of now Im editing HD only.

Im looking to upgrade the Mac. Any advice on where to go from here? I am also looking at an Array drive soon.

I had a G-Raid that went south not to long ago and almost lost everything. Thanks to Wes Scott in Morepark CA for saving the information on it.
So Im open to ideas of brands that people have had success with.

Im looking to add a SSD and then maybe looking to add some kind of video card to not only add functionality to my editing but also to use my NTSC again
as a reference monitor. Also thinking about boosting the Mac to a 12 core. I have also a ATI Radeon HD 4870 for my grafix card.

Thanks for any advice in advace. As always this group of people rocks with the help they provide.

Cheers.

RJ
Re: Mac Pro upgrades
October 12, 2014 11:29PM
One thing we learnt early on was that if you use a lot of Raytrace in After Effects, the new trashcan mac pro isn't a great option. There are restrictions on the brand of graphics cards you can use in the MacPros (apparently because of it's size) and GPU acceleration of some graphics work (particularly raytracing) specifically requires an nVidia card.

Also, we have the maxed out new macPro and to be honest it's not a lot faster than our older MaPros with really good gfx cards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics