FCS Studio 2 Died and I'm reinstalling

Posted by JoeE 
FCS Studio 2 Died and I'm reinstalling
December 08, 2014 02:53PM
My FCP died in literally the last week of a show. I tried everything and then I decided to reinstall FCP. I first upgraded to Yosemite which allows the FCP installer to work and everything went great but it's FCP 6.0. I downloaded pro app update and it seems to have no effect, so the version of FCP I have is still 6. Am I missing a step? This was an FCS upgrade that was installed by the way.
Re: FCS Studio 2 Died and I'm reinstalling
December 08, 2014 05:25PM
6 to 7 was a paid upgrade
i cant really remember, but i suspect it would have been disk only (not a download)
so go looking of those disks.

nick
December 09, 2014 01:09PM
Trying the reinstall with FCS3 now. Hopefully the pro app support will update from 7 to 7.03 which is what my project files are. If not, my last thing is to reformat the hard drive to Snow Leopard and see if the pro app support works for that arrangement, which I'm guessing it will.
December 09, 2014 06:52PM
Software update will get you from 7.0 to 7.3
but please report back if you can.

nick
December 10, 2014 12:43PM
Thanks so much for your help Nick. I've found the problem. It was a bad media drive, not FCP. It mounts and I can read all the file names and even play one but it eventually crashes FCP and even crashes the finder if I try to copy a file from it to another drive. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Is this what something like disk warrior is for? Or do I just need to pay through the nose for a data recovery service?
December 11, 2014 05:44PM
well, Disk Warrior is a good place to start.
not sure it will help, but it wont hurt.

probably to late to say this, but it really pays to keep a backup drive going.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics