FCP7 / Pluraleyes weirdness . .

Posted by Wanted Man 
FCP7 / Pluraleyes weirdness . .
December 10, 2014 09:05AM
Hi all,

I've been supplied video and audio by the client, I synced the first lot of footage and the audio from that day shot with it, absolutely fine, exported, xml imported, all synced and lovely,

The second set of scene correlated fine in 'sync' in Pluraleyes as per usual but then when I came to import the xml I get an error message:

"Wed, Dec 10, 2014, 14:52 - Errors Found Importing Untitled 5_FCP.xml
<sequence>: <timebase> "30 fps" does not match sequence preset time base (25 fps). The <timebase> defined in the XML will be used.( line 10505 )<sequence>: <timebase> "30 fps" does not match sequence preset time base (25 fps). The <timebase> defined in the XML will be used.( line 21198 )"[/i]

Then I go to double click and open up the synced sequences and i'm being faced with 'general error' and they won't open. I've tried doing it the exact way I did the first successful batch as well as doing things in a different order to no avail.

I don't see why on earth the client would have encoded audio with a different frame rate for one batch than the other, even by mistake, as of course the footage was shot @ 25fps and as the director/DP he would have of course know this.

More so the first lot worked just fine. Any ideas? Point being i can't see anything different between the two lots of audio files and the first batch worked just fine, hence baffled.

Cheers,
WM
Re: FCP7 / Pluraleyes weirdness . .
December 10, 2014 12:58PM
25fps and as the director/DP he would have of course know this.

You would think, but I've ran into similar scenarios with less than knowledgeable crew from the top on down (footage in wrong frame rate, audio at weird sample rates, etc...).

If you open the files in quick time and go to info, what specs do you get from the raw audio/video files?
December 10, 2014 01:45PM
the footage is fine, 25fps all the way, info on audio files all i see is the usual info other than fps, even in FCP the audio files don't show fps

PS: just noticed despite client saying otherwise the rushes are h264, currently transcoding all rushes and hoping that'll be the fix.
December 10, 2014 06:26PM
solved it. re-encoding the rushes away from the rouge h264 sorted the issue!

Happy days are here again smiling smiley
WM
January 12, 2016 02:06PM
I am having a very similar problem (or the same)

i do not understand exactly how you solved it or why did this happen (my english is not good enough)

I worked with 2 cameras and set them properly (they are correctly synced) but audio is not.

I must say that pluraleyes shows no error, but when I import the xml to FC7 i get this error,

Tue, Jan 12, 2016, 4:50 PM - Errors Found Importing Untitled 1_FCP.xml
<sequence>: <timebase> "30 fps, NTSC-rate" does not match sequence preset time base (25 fps). The <timebase> defined in the XML will be used.( line 2375 )

and in the timeline the two videos are properly synced, and audio is not.

Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics