SD to HD conversions

Posted by Delphinus 
SD to HD conversions
February 18, 2015 01:47PM
I need to convert some SD video clips to HD for a project and I have no desire to insert expensive hardware into my MacPro to do this because it seems enormously complicated to do it myself. Are you familiar with a lab that can do this for me with the highest quality conversion possible? I cannot find any on the internet. Perhaps you all might know of one or two. I have software converters but the results are anything but spectacular. Thanks.
Stan
Re: SD to HD conversions
February 21, 2015 02:48AM
It is a specialty. I'm doing this right now on an hour-long doc I'm co-producing, using a studio in Boston: Modulus. They use a variety of tools, including BMD Teranex. My production is DVCPro, originally shot on a DVX-100A. They have an upscale process for this particular footage which is pretty stunning, but they specialize in all DV25 formats.

Eric Masunaga, president
eric@modul.us

MODULUS STUDIOS
www.modul.us
1300 Soldiers Field Road
Boston, MA 02135

cell: (617) 970-6008
studio: (617) 787-0088

Great staff; serious, detail oriented, and they support indies.

I've put two hour docs through them over the past year; one, OUR MOCKINGBIRD, was a show I prepped for the studio for a client; it's been aired on PBS' America Reframed this month and you can also watch it on their website- just Google it. Not bad at all. You might be able to get a short sample from them using a copy your material.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics