CleanUp. A Voice Filter for Field Recordings

Posted by Kozikowski 
CleanUp. A Voice Filter for Field Recordings
March 31, 2015 05:14PM
An advanced filter for difficult field announcing or presenting conditions. Enjoy

[kozco.com]

Koz
Re: CleanUp. A Voice Filter for Field Recordings
March 31, 2015 05:35PM
VERY cool Koz. How does this compare with say the RX4 from iZotope? Not counting that IZotope costs big dollars.

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 31, 2015 06:21PM
Oh I just got a set for Premiere that are a great stepping off point, but I really like that you made this standalone - and free!

I owe you tongue sticking out smiley

March 31, 2015 07:27PM
"April fools" when I try to download.

Jude,

What set did you get for Premiere?
March 31, 2015 08:08PM
Ah DANG IT!

:-)

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 01, 2015 08:07PM
lol. I thought it was great - I totally got sucked in right to the point of download, so I thought I'd let someone else get fooled by adding to the hype. Nice one Koz!

The Premiere stuff is here Joe - it's a free set of presets :

Free Audio Presets for Premiere

And also a good write up on how to work with problem audio.

April 24, 2015 01:10PM
Oh, I am so glad I read this thread, that was evil, Koz. Too much time on your hands. LOL
Totally sucked in and twitching for the Download button.

OTH, Jude mentions Izotope and one of their packages includes De-Verb. Well, I had a need for that treatment on a critical interview shot open-mike in a live boomy hallway. And it really DOES reduce reverberation, to the point the voice comes forward clearly as if lavalier'ed. It's sci-fi, but hey, the future is here.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytips:
Copy clip Attributes with Command-C
Paste selected Attributes with Option-V
Remove selected Attributes with Command-Option-V !

Your Final Cut Studio 2/3 KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Still available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 05, 2015 04:05AM
I tried Izotope and it was okay, I'm sure I don't know how to use it to its full potential but I found Audition does a lot of the same things and it was easier to use (bias since I've used Audition numerous times).

I have a really difficult track to fix, it has a constant lav clothing rustle even over dialogue. I tired removing it in both programs, obviously due to the NR the voice was degraded to a great degree and I used each programs bag of tricks to try and resurrect it somewhat and in the end, it still sounded bad but the result from Audition was better.

Are there some other audio plugins/tools that can help with bad quality interview/voice recordings?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics