Contact Sheet for video?

Posted by Mike Watson 
Contact Sheet for video?
September 15, 2015 12:32AM
Long time no see! I've missed you like you've missed me...

On occasion we will shoot for a client and at the end of the day the client will request a contact sheet of what we've shot that day. So if we've shot 100 clips, I'd fire up Photoshop and make contact sheets with one still image from each clip, and print them out 20 to a page. It'll have the clip title (i.e. MVI_005.mov) below each clip. There is an automatic function for this and it only takes a few minutes.

I've been doing this since i started shooting digital, maybe 10 years ago. This might happen once a year or so. I've had varying success with this, and it feels like with each iteration of PS they cripple this function a little more.

Bring me to present day... a corporate client just had a new "big boss" come in and he wants to know what we've got in the vault. Seems like the easiest way would be to do a mass contact sheet of all the video I've shot for this client, which is cleverly stored on my RAID as \client\year\event\camera.

My only requirement (I think) is that I be able to label not only the filename, but also the folder (else nobody will know what year or event MVI_005.mov came from) on the contact sheet.

Photoshop and Bridge (as far as I can tell) won't do this.

Any suggestions? I'm not opposed to buying something, but I'm more in the $100 range than then $500 range.
Re: Contact Sheet for video?
September 15, 2015 02:08AM
hi Mike

CatDV springs to mind, but i suspect it'll be more than $100
although i see they have a free trial
[www.squarebox.com]

cheers,
nick
September 15, 2015 02:24AM
also look at Final Print:
[www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

you'd have to ask them if it can display the file path

nick
September 16, 2015 07:06AM
and if you're across X, there's Keyflow Pro:
[www.keyflowpro.com]
bj
January 29, 2016 01:37PM
Use photoshop contact sheet 11, worked with my Sony EX footage automatically..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics