Footage shot in HD, 24frames will not play in FCP7

Posted by Clmtyne 
Footage shot in HD, 24frames will not play in FCP7
December 11, 2015 04:12PM
Over last weekend I wanted to do something that I had never done before. I normally shoot in straight SD and never used different codex's. So I called myself experimenting with HD, 24 frames with a Canon XHA1 Camcorder.
Once back at the studio, I've been trying to capture in FCP7.

Problem 1
The first problem that I realize is that the footage was shot in HD, 24 Frames and shot on Standard Definition Sony Tape (Red Bottom) Mini DV.
I used a Focus Enhancement's DTE 60HD Unit to capture the footage.
The setting were HD, Quicktime 24p, and after all the footage was captured, I connected the unit to my Mac Pro, the Quicktime settings took a long time to open the files and all I saw was color, no real picture. The computer gave me a era message that all the files might be damaged or something, and none of them opened.

Problem 2
Tape 2-4 were all shot on Sony Professional Standard ME Tape (Black) Mini DV, with the settings of HD, 24 frames in the Canon XHA1.
So with this I just connected straight into the computer to FCP7. I tried to setup the computer for HD settings in FCP7 and once in I could not get any of the footage to play, not even in Quicktime. Still got era messages, or footage was damaged.

Question 1
When setting up the Focus Enhancement's DTE how should it be set for capturing HD, for playback in Quicktime and FCP7?

Question 2
How should FCP7 be set up for capturing HD, 24 frames footage? Called Apple (no help), Canon (were kind of helpful, but limited to their knowledge). Funny thing even though the footage is HD, 24 Frames it is being played in the Canon XHA1 and capturing in FCP7 right now as DV Footage as if It was shot in SD, but it's working. The Computer has only 6 gigs of Ram, and I know that might be a problem as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics