Importing AVCHD into fcp 6.06

Posted by Paul C 
Importing AVCHD into fcp 6.06
December 21, 2016 05:02PM
Hello,

I have a new Panasonic DVX200 and am trying to Log and Transfer the AVCHD files into FCP 6.06. I've transferred other AVCHD files in the past, and know to ingest the entire AVCHD folder.

I transferred the footage from the memory card onto my Mac via a card reader.

For some reason I get the error message about unsupported file types when I try to log and transfer. The footage is PS 1080/59.94p.

Is there something about these AVCHD files that FCP 6.06 doesn't like?

Many thanks for any assistance.

PL
Re: Importing AVCHD into fcp 6.06
December 22, 2016 03:12PM
i have very little experience in this area,
but my guess is that you didn't copy the card itself,
but rather copied the files FROM the card.
generally you need to keep the exact same folder structure, and all the miscellaneous files as well,
otherwise the files can be unreadable.

nick
December 22, 2016 06:24PM
The problem is the 1080/60p. This was not legal AVCHD at the time FCP6 was written. Same for FCP7. So these FCP's don't support it.

Panasonic raced ahead of the very AVCHD spec it had participated in. Sony followed. Now 1080/60p and 1080/50p are legal AVCHD.

It was precisely for bringing 1080/50p AVCHD into FCP7 that I bought ClipWrap 6 years ago. Search for "ClipWrap" in this forum. I believe you can now work around this by using a newer QuickTime under a newer OSX to make the .mov file.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
December 27, 2016 03:01PM
Thanks.

I've since come across a few MTS converters. The trial version of iskysoft video converter appears to work okay, but I will need their older version that works for FCP 6.0.6.

And I'll keep tinkering with the files on my card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics