Stamping a logo
May 13, 2017 04:59PM
Hi guys,

I'm editing part time at a new work place. We use Sony Vegas on Windows (duh!). It's quite a change from my FCP environment, but I also like Vegas for some of its features.

When the finished clips are uploaded to Youtube, we also have to create a custom screen shot which is a still from the timeline with the channel logo stamped to the lower left corner. The logo itself is actually so big that it covers the image, but Vegas has a nice feature that lets you create presets with size and position of images.

Since I also create similar screenshots with FCP, I would love to have something like this. I fiddle with the sliders every time and it's taking a long time. Can this positioning be saved as a preset in FCP also somewhere?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Re: Stamping a logo
May 14, 2017 02:08AM
sure.

first thing:
Stefan
I fiddle with the sliders every time and it's taking a long time

rather than the sliders, switch the canvas to "mage & Wireframe" mode via the little drop down menu at the top of the canvas (looks like a frame).
working the wireframe can be a lot quicker than fiddling with the sliders.

Stefan
Can this positioning be saved as a preset in FCP also somewhere?

Sure.

when you've got a size and position you like, double click the clip into the view (if it isn't there already)
with the view active, now hit CONTROL F, or go to Effects menu > Make favorited Motion

this will get saved into the favourites bin in the effects tab (Command top-row 6 will open it) with the name of the clip.
you can re-name it to what you want, and perhaps put it in a bin for motion effects, or a bin of that particular show.
you can copy it into your project file, it doesn't have to live only in the favourites bin

you can drag it onto a cup you want to re-size
OR
you can assign favourite motion effects to a keyboard command in the keyboard layout window.
your first 8 motion effects can be assigned, and they are assigned alphabetically, so you may want to number them.

you can copy them into your project, but a keyboard command will only trigger the ones in the favourites bin.

cheers,
nick
Re: Stamping a logo
July 12, 2017 03:52PM
Gosh, it's been so long since I've visited the forum - shame on me.

Thanks Nick for your help. I thought there must be a way - now I know!

Cheers,
Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics