Bad AC3 on Compressor 3.5.3 on OS 10.12.6

Posted by futurex 
Bad AC3 on Compressor 3.5.3 on OS 10.12.6
December 16, 2017 10:53AM
I have the rare opportunity to make Blu-rays once every 6 months or so. I have a 5.1 mix from a sound mixer, 6 tracks and I need to convert those to AC3. I used to use Compressor successfully to do this but now it seems to not be working properly. I don't get an error message but the subsequent 5.1 AC3 file has all the tracks crammed into the track 1 (L). I import the AC3 into Premiere to see it and the waveforms show only audio on track 1 and nothing on the other tracks. I've tried everything I can think of, manually assigning the 5.1 tracks, auto assign, manual preset, auto preset. nothing changes the output.

I was able to use Audacity from an exported 5.1 BWF file from Premiere and that gave me an AC3 with audio on all tracks but when I burn the Blu-ray and play it in my PS3 the amplifeir doesn't show that it's Dolby Digital. The info on the PS3 does show that it is indeed 5.1 Dolby Digital but it doesn't show that way on the amplifier which always shows me 5.1 with other programs, DirectTV, etc. Just wondering if the AC3 needs to be 'blessed' to be proper Dolby Digital?

I want to be able to continue making AC3's from Compressor since I know that is Dolby Digital.

Thanks!
Michael
Re: Bad AC3 on Compressor 3.5.3 on OS 10.12.6
December 16, 2017 07:09PM
i wonder if your preferences need trashing?
this could help:

[www.digitalrebellion.com]
December 18, 2017 11:22AM
I did try trashing preferences to no avail. I never solved the 'one track mixdown' problem but I decided to upgraded to the new Compressor 4.4 and that works fine. The actual problem was my PS3 that I was using to playback blu-ray discs. During playback the Ls and Rs tracks were switched so I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why adn it ended up being that the PS3 was malfunctioning somehow. I purchased a new player, the new LG 4K player, and the disc I burned originally using Audacity worked fine. So now I have two solutions Compressor or Audacity to create AC3 and Encore still works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Michael
December 18, 2017 11:49PM
glad to her you got it sorted smiling smiley

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics