problems converting hi8 to dv

Posted by michel 
problems converting hi8 to dv
July 18, 2001 11:22AM
<HTML>I have been having difficulties both capturing and transfering old hi8 tapes to dv. If the hi8 tape has a glitch of any kind, it seems to disrupt the conversion process. Many times the audio and the image will have a strobe like effect once transfered to dv, freezing incessantly and completely disrupting the footage. It seems to occur most when the source hi8 tapes are low quality or have tracking problems...is there any way to successfully transfer this material to dv and ultimately into FCP?</HTML>
<HTML>What are you using to do the transfer?

mike</HTML>
<HTML>I have transferred some 30 hours of old Hi8 to miniDV, capturing directly from my Sony Hi8 to a GV-D900 and experienced no problems. It is great that I now have clean code MiniDV masters. I have not tried going direct to a MiniDV camera, is this the source of your difficulty? I only use Sony Premium Tapes, DVM60PR2.
I would suggest you clean the playback head and the record head and also check the seating of your cables plus the quality of your tapes.
I hope that, like the marine layer in Venice, your problem dissappears by noon.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics