DSR-11 and GL-1/XL-1

Posted by JC 
JC
DSR-11 and GL-1/XL-1
July 18, 2001 01:42PM
<HTML>I am thinking of buying the DSR-11 for the GL-1/XL-1 setups we have been using...

I hear a rumor that I may have problems with some tapes orginally shot on cannon cameras and played on Sony decks. Some sort of tape-alignment problems or such which throws off the tracking - therefore making the image un-viewable. I also hear that the tapes make a difference (which I find hard to believe). In fact, i think I was at a meeting a few months ago and someone had that problem when we met at Dr. Rawstock. Does anyone remember that?

Was that a fluke? Is it like 1 out of 100?
Am I safe to buy this unit and not have problems with compatibility?

I would love to hear the good and the bad (if any please).
Thanks everyone for your help in advance!
JC</HTML>
Re: DSR-11 and GL-1/XL-1
July 18, 2001 06:31PM
<HTML>I have received a couple of reports on this issue but narrowed the source of the problem to cheap tape stock. We have sold a lot DSR-11 units to users in the field who are using GL-1/XL-1 with no issues at all. ProMax recommends and only carries the Sony Premium tapes. Of the few reports that I have received most were from users who just purchased there camera and made the mistake of using the free tape that ships with the camerasmiling smiley. The free giveaway tape that comes with the camera isn't the best quality. We have found over the years using good quality tape usually decreases your chances of mysterious issues.

Cawan Starks
Promax Tech Support Manager
ProMAX Systems, Inc.
16 Technology Dr.
Irvine, CA

[www.promax.com]
Sales: 1.800.977.6629
Tech: 1.877.776.6292

The leader in Desktop Video Editing Systems for Macintosh!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics