The New Machines have Arrived!

Posted by Ruben 
The New Machines have Arrived!
July 18, 2001 01:49PM
<HTML>Hey Guys & Gals,
Yeah I got up this morning to see the Macworld keynotes. And I must say I can't wait to get my hands on a new dual 800 this August. I was not so impressed with the other aspect of the show though. And Steve Jobs looked shaken on stage. The new look of the tower is cool though. It kind of looks like the Tibook from the front. I guess you might call it the power TiMac. In any event it is just a computer and by January these new machines are History. I guess it is kind of ironic that we are always trying tio keep up an imposible race. Especially when you pull that new dual 800 out of the box next month and realize that it is already obsolete. Have fun out there.

Ruben</HTML>
Nick Athans
Re: The New Machines have Arrived!
July 18, 2001 09:33PM
<HTML>The 800 duals look very impressive indeed, especially since the can encode mpg2 for (burning dvd) at just under 1X real time!!!!!!
FCP should rock with these babies pushing it along, and what about the new DVD discs that can hold 90 minutes . Just puuuuurfect for them wedding videos.</HTML>
<HTML>I was at Macworld, and I made one of the Apple guys render a dissolve with the new dual 800 machine. It took less than three seconds!! I was blown away. The ironic thing is that I had him force render the dissolve on a machine with the RTMac installed. The days of needing a real time card for certain effects are, in my opinion, numbered.

Steve Martin
Creative Director
www.dvcreators.net
World's best DV Workshops- Coast-to-coast
"Secrets of Final Cut Pro" CD now shipping!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics