Composite/Key/Mask/Matte Which one do I use?

Posted by Michael Hart 
<HTML>Hey everybody! I have a few issues with compositing/keying/masking an image. At least that is what I think I am trying to do. I have captured an effect that was put on a mini dv tape for me. I am capturing the effect from an XL-1. The effect is probably from a "Wedding EFX CD" and I imagine that it was an AVI file or other sort. Either way it was dropped to DV for me.

It starts off as a stable background of flowers then a text effect appears, lets say for example, "The Toast", and then it dissolves away, leaving the still flower background. Next a wine bottle and a wine glass appear, they are black,still over the flower background, and they eventually fill the entire screen with blackness. Almost like they are coming towards us.

I watched how the effect is supposed to be used. Basically as soon as the black area appears on screen we see the incoming shot inside of the design. Its kinda like a mask, but I don't know how to put the incoming shot under the mask. I'm not sure how to remove the black area and put the incoming image in. Also I'm not sure if I will have to worry about the shape of the mask
once I figure out how to use it as a "mask"..if it is even a mask. I said mask alot didn't I. Flustered. Is there a way to key the color out and make it transparent.

Sorry so winded but I'm totally perplexed.

Thanks for all of the help. This is a great forum. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I hope I can contribute to the forum as well.

Michael Hart</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics