FCP for OS X?

Posted by Rui Batista 
FCP for OS X?
July 20, 2001 01:22AM
<HTML>Has anyone heard a time frame (seen a time code) for the arrival of FCP for OS X?</HTML>
Re: FCP for OS X?
July 20, 2001 01:47PM
<HTML>Rumor has it NAB 2002 but don't quote me on it! But when that happens thats when FCP will reallly take off. Mathmatically it will just run faster. Thats when Avid will really @!#$ there pants. You won't really need all this hardware because In my humble opinion that's what the OS is designed for. Coomputers are really just great calcutlators. And with that in mind it mathmatically makes sense that FCP will blow things away with OS X.

Ruben</HTML>
July 20, 2001 06:17PM
<HTML>When is NAB 2002? Is there a website for this event?

The multithreadedness of OSX will make a huge difference to FCP... with my current G4.... with a dual G4... it will be unbelievable.</HTML>
July 20, 2001 10:43PM
<HTML>Don't believe anything you hear with regard to dates and times. They are all rumors. There are many reputable mac sites that thought Apple would have FCP running on OSX by Macworld. (they were wrong). Apparently, cabonizing FCP is not as problematic as getting OSX to handle video - a much more resource intensive endeavor.

Steve Martin
Creative Director
www.dvcreators.net
World's best DV Workshops- Coast-to-coast
"Secrets of Final Cut Pro" CD now shipping!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics