Video Out Problem

Posted by Tom 
Tom
Video Out Problem
July 21, 2001 10:01AM
<HTML>
Could anyone tell me what is causing this? After working on a Sequence for a while, the TV monitor/Camera Screen showing the DV/Video out break up with flashing gray pixels-like squares. I have to quit FCP and then relaunch in order to clear.

I have 256 Megs of RAM on a beige G3/333 (now with an XLR8 G4/500 update card) running OS 8.6 with FCP 1.2.1</HTML>
Re: Video Out Problem
July 21, 2001 11:30AM
<HTML>Tom,
That has happened to me when the power on my deck/camera whent off and I had to turn it back on. I would check your connections and make sure there is no power surges that might be causing it. I know for my my set up I had to turn off the sleep mode on my deck for this to stop. On your set I can only guess. Try Ken Stone web site at www.kenstone.net. Good luck.

Ruben</HTML>
July 21, 2001 10:55PM
<HTML>This is usually a Quicktime problem. What eversion are you using? 4.1.2? For your system you should.

mike</HTML>
Tom
July 22, 2001 10:22AM
<HTML>I have had this problem with both QT 5.0.1 and 4.0.3. A user emailed me saying "SCSI cards (like on a G3) using excessive PCI bandwidth can prevent the 1394 firewire card from successfully playing DV streams over firewire (resulting in a DMA error) or cause the video to break up with a series of random gray blocks".
Not sure what all that means yet.</HTML>
July 22, 2001 12:51PM
<HTML>Well that doesnt make a lot of sense to me but I'm not a technical guy. Either re install QT or upgrade would be my guess. Solved it for me when I had that problem

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics