Still images shake when exproted

Posted by Josh 
Still images shake when exproted
July 23, 2001 02:09AM
<HTML>Greetings,

I have come across a problem with creating still images. I first witnessed it with my friend. He used some still images in one of his movies by creating the image in FCP, not with the camera. When you print the movie and watch it on the TV some of the still images shake. I thought that it might be a problem with his camera, but the same thing happened with me using different equipment with a different G4. If anyone knows how to resovle this, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
Joshua</HTML>
<HTML>Hi Josh, You might what to try the De-interlace Filter on those stills. I have used it and it works!</HTML>
<HTML>Question. Are the still images you are using taken from live video and just made into still frames? If so how are you making them into still frames?

Here is what I used to do. Take 1 frame of live video and copy/paste it until it was however long I wanted. This process was no good because it gave the shake you are talking about.

After looking through the menu bars I found the "Make Still Image" option under the "modify" menu bar.

Here's how to:

Take your video clip and double click to bring into the viewer. Now take the cursor and position where you want the still from. Now up to the "Modify" menu and select "Make Still Image". This will give you a 10 second still of the image highlighted in the viewer by in and out points. Adjust if necessary. Drag from the viewer and into the timeline. You have to render it though. Don't worry it only takes a few seconds.

After that you will never see a shake again.

Final Cut Pro has so many options that the ones that are easiest to see become the ones that you never even look at. That was my problem. I keep exploring everyday and finding out things that I never knew I could do. Hope this helps. Give me a shout to let me know if it helped.

Michael Hart</HTML>
<HTML>I make my stills from live video by way of "Make still Image", But I still find that I get some of my stills that shakes. To correct the bad stills I use the De-interlace Filter in the FCP Effects Menu.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics