fcp on new ibook

Posted by ada 
ada
fcp on new ibook
June 27, 2001 02:55PM
<HTML>I have a g4 as my main work station (fcp is my main program) and am wavering between the new i-book and the g4 notebook as a second workstation. I know the g4notebook is the better faster computer, but considering the price difference and the apparent similarities (except for the g3 vs. g4 processer) I am looking for anybody with experiences to share re. editing video/rendering times, etc. on the new i-book.</HTML>
Re: fcp on new ibook
June 27, 2001 04:36PM
<HTML>Screen real estate and slow HD, maximum ram, and processor are the main obstacles with the iBook. That's about it. Weigh those factors before your decision. Render times depends on your patience and if you really care. Some people don't. FCP 2.0 works much better and much much faster on a G4 than a G3 in my experience.

mike</HTML>
July 11, 2001 09:21AM
<HTML>How timely!

I am experiencing the same situation.

I am trying to ascertain what the render time differences would actually be.

My rudimentary understanding is that the g4 truly is much faster than the MHZ suggest.....data pata....velocity engine etc.
...bus speed

If I find out anything I'll email you. If you find out anything please email me!!

Thanks very much</HTML>
ada
July 17, 2001 01:26PM
<HTML>I decided for the i-book, not the titanium because after much consideration, research, and working with fcp on a titanium400 (really slow and jerky) and a g3powerbook 500 (slow but more solid), I decided that the supposed titanium miracle is just a bit too much hype. I think it really is faster, but not 1,200$ faster. Besides, when talking to people I got the impression that they felt the titanium was not only fragile physically (dents n such), but also not quite so stable internally (they told me to wait a while, maybe they'll get it ironed out). I have bought the new i-book for vacation and travel, and will save the 1200$ for my next really fat desktop computer.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics