Batch Capture: General Error (85)

Posted by Dave K. 
<HTML>Greetings,

Last night while batch capturing I received the above error. I had batch captured 20 of my 34 clips and then the error occured. My deck / Camera kept queing as if looking for something... I had to power down to stop it.

I have tried several times to reconnect the media or batch capture the "offline" clips again. The error just keeps coming back. Even after a re-boot of the system.

Even if I try to just capture one of the clips I continue to get the error.

Everything else within FCP 2.0 seems to be working fine.
I am running a DP 550 with a fairly loaded media drive (I have 7 gigs available) 500 + memory.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dave Kingma</HTML>
<HTML>Dave you could possibly have a break in the timecode. Look at the time code and see if it starts over again. If it does then your deck doesn't know where to go. I hope this can help. You might have to go back and capture now thoes remaing clips. good luck

Ruben</HTML>
<HTML>Does that mean you can only batch capture on the front end of the tape right before the time code breaks? Or do you just start the time code over again? I'm a little lost on batch capture.

Michael Hart</HTML>
<HTML>Dave K. wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> Last night while batch capturing I received the above error.
> I had batch captured 20 of my 34 clips and then the error
> occured. My deck / Camera kept queing as if looking for
> something... I had to power down to stop it.

Generally when that happens it's because for some reason your tape went PAST the logged clip and now cant find it. Rewind to BEFORE the clip and all is well.
>
>
> I have tried several times to reconnect the media or batch
> capture the "offline" clips again. The error just keeps
> coming back. Even after a re-boot of the system.

Now I'm confused. You say you captured 20 of 34 clips but got the error on the 20th clip? Are you sue you did not just LOG the clips, not capture them? Are ALL the clips in the browser Offline?
>
> Even if I try to just capture one of the clips I continue to
> get the error.

Hmm. Is the tape rewound all the way back to the beggining before you attempt to capture these offline clips?
>
> Everything else within FCP 2.0 seems to be working fine.
> I am running a DP 550 with a fairly loaded media drive (I
> have 7 gigs available) 500 + memory.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.

let me know about the above
>
> Dave Kingma</HTML>
<HTML>When you have timecode breaks and KNOW you have them you may capture normally all clips BEFORE the break. Then change the REEL name and CAPTURE again normally. Then change the REEL name and capture normally again and so on and so on. This assumes you have several breaks.

Batch Capture allows you to capture several clips at once after you have logged several clips at once. You can Batch Capture ONE clip if you like.

Capture NOW allows you to capture a long clip and cares nothing of timecode.

mike</HTML>
<HTML>Michael,

Yes, the 20 clips were actually captured to the drive. Then the error occured. Only the clips that were not captured at this time show as off-line. You have shared some great information.. ie.. Rewinding before the clip.... Thank you very much.

Dave</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics