Willing to pay for general FCP system help...

Posted by Richard 
<HTML>I run FCP on a G4 (400 with 712MB of RAM a 20Gig for apps. and 4-80Gig EIDE/UDMA 66 interface 5400RPM Matrox drives striped together with a Sonnet Tempo Ultra ATA66 PCI card) and bought it over 6 months ago and have had nothing but problems.

The original hitch was with Drop Frame Warnings (FCP version 1.2.5) and a LAFCPUG member kindly visited my abode to help me sort it out (solved with small changes in Preferences and the installation of the patch for the problem posted on Apple's FCP site).

But my problems are now entering the hard drive arena, where I suspected they originated from when I had the incessant Drop Frame Warnings. My G4 is now freezing up and crashing two of my hard drives. My User Group friend does not have the experience or time to continue to help me sort out my mess.

Are any of you in the membership interested in making some money to help me get my system right? I've thought of simply taking the system down to Dr. Rawstock or Intelligent Media and pay them to help me, but my hard drives have 'almost' finished material that I'm nervous of losing, and feel that I'd likely be paying too much.

Or does anyone know a reputable shop that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for tech work that could help me stabliize my system?</HTML>
<HTML>If you are going to the meeting tonight I/you can find someone to help you other wise e-mail me personally and I will get you in touch with someone. Lots of gurus going to be there tonight. maybe you can solve your problem there. Free. Thats what a UG is supposed to do.

BTW, your problem sounds very much like an extension conflict or corrupt file somewhere. First line of attack is to run a disk utility such as Nortons or Tech Tool or disk warrior. Then set extension set to Mac OS ALL and use that. Also trash preferences as another try.

mike</HTML>
<HTML>I have a great tec I use ,I forwarded your message to him...
let me know if the problem does not get solved and I will hook you two up.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics