Jpeg in FCP HD

Posted by Shezaam 
Jpeg in FCP HD
March 09, 2005 06:42PM
The problem I am havng is that when I bring a jpeg image onto a timeline, it seems to blur in the canvas window while playing but again comes in full focus when Playhead is stopped.
Re: Jpeg in FCP HD
March 09, 2005 07:00PM
Kind of the way it is unless you have a NTSC monitor hooked up and are looking at that. What you see in canvas window is not what you get

mike
March 09, 2005 07:07PM
Shane's Stock Answer #2:

[docs.info.apple.com]

DV footage requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the DV data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the DV footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or NTSC monitor routed thru your camera or deck.

For this, and other exciting stock answers, click on this link:
[discussions.info.apple.com]
March 09, 2005 07:09PM
You need to do our FAQ Shane

:-)

Mike
March 09, 2005 07:15PM
You have a valid point about the NTSC monitor and I donot have an ntsc monitor hooke up but ther are other jpegs in prior projects which donot lose sharpness while on the timeline in the play mode.
March 09, 2005 07:17PM
Heh. I already have a Topic on the Apple site with my 20 Stock Answers. That is where the link goes.

If you'd like I could post them here too...
March 09, 2005 07:35PM
My concern is that in previous projects, I could import jpegs into the browser and from there drop it on a timline and would notice no loss of quality when it was played on the canvas. Recently I have been seeing the jpeg image in a new project would lose sharpness while playing in the canvas window but becomes sharp in the canvas when the playhead is paused.
March 09, 2005 07:39PM
Thats probably because that particular picture was just different than the others or was prepared differently or was a different format. Bottom line is, you need a monitor No way around it.

Mike
March 10, 2005 09:00AM
The higher the detail on the jpeg, the softer it'll get on screen. As noted above - NTSC monitor or render everything and output then play it back.

The monitor is the better way to go.

Ian
March 11, 2005 01:35PM
Don't use JPEGs if you can avoid it. They are lossy compared to PICTS, PSD, TIFF or PNG. If it is a file from a digital camera, you can leave it as a JPEG, just bring it into Photoshop first and optimize the file for DV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics