Soundtrack Pro forum up

Posted by Michael Horton 
Soundtrack Pro forum up
May 05, 2005 11:08PM
Thanks to moderators John Foley, Nick Meyers and David Slater. We can use some more mods. If interested, write me offline.

You can find the forum here

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
kevin kennedy
Re: Soundtrack Pro forum up
May 06, 2005 12:34AM
Very, very cool! Do the giant thx speakers come with this forum? smiling smiley

I'm looking forward to digging in and learning more. I hope the demo we saw at the meeting really is a bit more than "Soundsoap" at cleaning up audio. It definitely looked like it.

Congrates Michael!

Kevin
May 06, 2005 09:19AM
Kevin,

You can be sure that the noise reduction is WAY more than SoundSoap.
At NAB Apple demoed the fact that any material damaged during the process is restored before finishing. No more ltaking good audio with the bad.

""Soundtrack Pro has become nothing short of a multi-track editing station and mixing tool. Notice I did not say tracking, as it still primarily uses the Apple loops for content generation. It seems that there is intended to be a very tight integration between GarageBand and Soundtrack Pro for the tracking chores. For the savvy audiologist it should be fairly apparent that Apple is close to stepping into an area that overshadows Logic where the generation of content and other post audio functions are concerned. The DSP time stretch function in both GarageBand and Soundtrack Pro are years ahead of the minute control you have with Logic. The number one new feature of Soundtrack Pro was noise reduction. Apple has done a marvelous job of allowing repetitive and click-pop identification and fix in a very simple to use process. This one feature alone makes it worth the $299.00 price.""

(This is a review I wrote for our group NAProViG, after returning from NAB.)
kevin
May 06, 2005 11:47AM
Thanx for the feedback John!

I was hoping it would be. It seems to me this is going to require some tutorial lessons to get all they packed into it.

Kevin
May 06, 2005 12:09PM
Cleaning up audio is a VERY small part of Soundtrack Pro. Those that call this app SoundSoap on steroids havent see this app.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 06, 2005 02:03PM
I was so wowed at the presentation Tuesday night that I didn't think to ask any questions at the Q&A, I just listened. A question I have concerns "bussing". The Apple website vaguely mentions bussing capability but goes no further. I have been using Pro Tools LE to mix to finished stereo tracks and at the same time create a mono dialogue track and a mono music and fx track for international distribution. Those tracks then go on a finished digibeta master on all 4 tracks. I wonder if Soundtrack Pro includes the bussing and sends that are typical in most mixing apps.
May 06, 2005 02:10PM
These are the sorts of questions you need to post in the STP forum. I'm sure Apple will monitor it and hopefully answer some of them. Of course when we get the app, we should know much more.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 06, 2005 02:10PM
I looked a little more carefully at the Apple website and there is some kind of bussing and sends support.
May 06, 2005 02:13PM
Thanx Mike, will post to the other forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics