Quicktime 7

Posted by Rob 
Rob
Quicktime 7
May 08, 2005 03:49PM
I understand that when I download Quicktime 7 I will need to download the Pro key in order to get the pro version. In terms of FCP 4.5, is there any advantage to downloading Quicktime 7? The same question goes for Sorrenson Squeeze. With the Quicktime codec automatically load in FCP 4.5 and Sorrensen ? will I need to upgrade FCP and Sorrensen to get the benefits of the Quicktime 7 codec for compressing?

Please Advise.
Re: Quicktime 7
May 08, 2005 11:05PM
I think that the whole Quicktime 7 thing looks a bit dodgy at the moment. Maybe best to wait until FCP5, Tiger and the pro serial number are all in the same place at the same time. Do a search here for some people looking for ways to get back to quicktime 6. It shouldn't be too long.
May 09, 2005 06:37AM
Phillip Hodgetts rightly points out that this whoiile Quictime Pro" thing is incorrectly named:
it's nothing more than quicktime PLAYER pro.

the "pro" key does nothing but unlock some feature in the Quicktime PLAYER itslef

all the apps that use QT, including FCP, gain nothing from you updating the quicktime PLAYER to "Pro".

if you use the functions of the Pro player, then here's the trick:

move the QT player app to your desktop, re-anme it something a bit different: "OLD QuickTime" for instance.
install QT7.
move the OLD QT player back

you will get all the new codecs, etc, in the OLD one, and still have the editing/exporting capabilities.

and what Jude says makes sense.

nick

May 09, 2005 07:38AM
Nice tip, Nick. I'm gonna give that a shot when I've finished this project.
May 09, 2005 02:30PM
Thanks Nick and Jude. Any ETA for FCP 5 and do you suppose it will incorporate quicktime 7 for compression?
May 09, 2005 09:16PM
FCP 5 is just around the corner - it's already been announced. Quicktime 7 will play a major part, because of the new codecs, and the need for support of multiple audio channels.

Have you tried Nick's trick? I'd be interested to hear how it goes if you do.
May 10, 2005 04:11AM
Hi all

For anyone with QT7 go to the QT website then to "get pro" have a look at the HD download section impressive movie clips using H264 codec

Derek
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics