MPEG Streamclip 1.3.1 error

Posted by Matt Gangi (again) 
okay. downloaded mpeg streamclip. went to file>open files and tried to open files in the VIDEO_TS folder? tried to open a .VOB file "Kind: MPEG Program Stream" Unfortunately i got the error "File open error: the first part of the file is not valid" I went back to Handbreak and tried importing to a .avi file... but i guess fcp doesn't support .avi either? ;(
help! does anyone know anything about why streamclip is giving me trouble?
thank you again.
matt
Re: MPEG Streamclip 1.3.1 error
May 10, 2005 08:01AM
Possibly you were trying to open an incorrect file. Choose another file. And read the manual.

You do have copyright permission to do this, don't you? Stealing for charity is still stealing.
May 10, 2005 05:57PM
Can't we just make it through a simple response to a question without the insinuation that someone is "Stealing"
May 10, 2005 07:31PM
Well he clearly is stealing, Geno. In a previous post he told me he wanted to take vision off The Exorcist dvd for a church program. When I answer his question I am effectively helping him to do this, which is why I need to tell him that he needs to get proper permissions.
Um. no. I am an NYU film student. My prof. worked on the movie. I was trying to get a piece of this film edited together to send for a birthday present. Nobody is seeing it except for me and my prof. this is stealing? MPEG Streamclip is worthless anyways. Tried and tried. It will not open up any .VOP files or .Mpeg4 files. It always gives the same error. Ive been trying for 2 days. worthless worthless. Thanks for the lesson in morality. It is all I really got from you, Jude. "File open error: the first part of the file is not valid"
p.s. I have the files ripped off the dvd in a nice mp4 format. trying to get them into final cut. trying to go back to the dvd to reopen with .VOB files (sorry correction from above). i said im cutting it together with some stuff i shot of churches in Cuba (as a present for my prof. We were just in Cuba together). What do you think Im going to do with it? Stealing? Why would I be trying to hurt my own business? And why would I be trying to get it into a fcp friendly format? Thanks again for questioning my integrity. and for all your much appreciated help...
May 11, 2005 12:19AM

>>Thanks for the lesson in morality. It is all I really got from you, Jude.<<

No problem.

Mpegstream clip is not useless either, but perhaps someone else could come in this thread and get some abuse for thier trouble instead. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics