Disk speed test?

Posted by Alan 
Disk speed test?
May 10, 2005 10:47PM
Hello,
I have just installed a little 4 drive scsi raid and I was wondering if there was a program that I can use to test the speed of it? I want to see how many MB's a second I am getting on this thing...
In case it matters, I am using a G5 with tiger installed.

Thank you very much!

BJ
Re: Disk speed test?
May 10, 2005 11:43PM
I use Speedrun OS X.
[mac.tucows.nyi.net]
Seems to work with 10.39
BJ
May 11, 2005 12:24AM
Thank you for the link. I tryed the software, but can't seem to get a mb/sec result... Its more of a "higher number is better" test, unless I am missing something. I am looking for a disk speed test. Something that will show me read/write in MB/seconds.

I thought I remember black magic having a free disk speed tester (one that did not need their hardware installed) but endless searching has come up with nothing.

I thought I would find a bunch of little freeware type things over at versiontracker, but I have found zip.
May 11, 2005 02:58AM
the blackmagic speed tester requires the decklink card to be installed.

I would look into the aja, kona testers. I do not know about these products, but I do know they have their own speed tester. check and see if its free.

also the guy at [www.barefeats.com] is always doing some type of tests... he might know of one that is free and works well.
May 11, 2005 09:25AM
Jump onto the AJA web site, They have a neat little bandwidth tester free for download. I have used it and it seems accurate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics