Sorenson3

Posted by Rob 
Rob
Sorenson3
June 07, 2005 09:10PM
When converting my timeline to a quicktime file, I choose the sorenson3 and then options buttons, it shows many options such as B Frames -OFF Playback Scalability -OFF etc. .

How can I enable or disable these functions? As an example, if I want to disable Frame Dropping or enable one pass VBR, there dosn't seem to be a toggle to turn these on or off. They show up in the settings box but I don't see a way to manipulate them? Any advise? Am I missing something simple here?

Rob
Re: Sorenson3
June 08, 2005 01:01AM
Those options are only available if you get the Pro version of the Sorenson 3 codec. You can buy it alone and it also comes included with the Sorenson Squeeze for Quicktime (or Suite) encoding application. Once said that, the truth is SV 3 is probably living its' last months of relevance. Once a significant audience builds for Quicktime 7 in (say) the next 12-18 months, the truth is H.264 is order of magnitudes better than SV3 and anything else (and it doesn't require a "pro" version).

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Re: Sorenson3
June 08, 2005 08:41AM
I have the Soreson 4 suite but I guess it dosn't update FCP codec? THe problem I am getting is when zooming out from a city,/sky shot. The sky gets pixlated in bands as I zoom out. I want to adjust the settings. Prior to getting quicktime 7, how do I get Sorenson suite 4 to update my FCP codec?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics