Tile or Remove license plate from my footage

Posted by Jesus G. 
Hey ya all! I wondering what or how should I tile out or replace a license plate in my footage. I shot a feature using the JVCHD10u camera. The shot is not a static shot so would I have to adjust every single frame. I don't really know how to do this...

any help is appreciated.

Jesus G.

I am not sure you could do that in FCP, but I did something similar in After Effects, it has a feature that allows you to follow a given path.

[www.adobe.com]

Good luck!
There are plugins you can buy that track motion and allow you to composite another clip like a white rectangle atop the tracked motion. It does all the keyframing and you'll likely only have to make a few adjustments. I think CHV has one in their set.

If you don't want to buy, or can't afford it, you can create a tilize/blur effect that you'd have to keyframe, but they are usually not that bad. You don't typically have to keyframe every frame. Maybe every 10 to 15, or even less depending upon the consistancy and direction of the movement. I do a lot of tilizing in my work and you get pretty quick at it.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the input. Yea, I'm trying not to buy any more than I have to. I'll check out your suggestion.

Jesus G.
Re: Tile or Remove license plate from my footage
June 16, 2005 07:28PM
> You don't typically have to keyframe every frame. Maybe every 10 to 15

It's actually often important that you *don't* keyframe every frame when you're adjusting for a moving object. I did a manual online on a documentary once (cleaner transfer, no matching timecodes -- had to online by eye) where I had to redo a "censor" bar over a guy's eyes, and I did too many keyframes, one every frame or two frames. The bar moved around so merrily and changed sizes so often that it looked grossly comical.
Mikael Fredriksson
Re: Tile or Remove license plate from my footage
June 17, 2005 04:49AM
"MotionTracker Point Distortion
This tool is made to distort certain parts of your project. Use it to make faces and number-plates unrecognizable or distort. Up to 10 points can be tracked simultaneously."

[www.chv-plugins.com]
Boris Red also has an excellent motion Tracker - as does After Effects -
as Michael says above - the CHV plugins are excellent
Motion Tracking is pretty much essential for this kind of job. You can do it in FCP, but it's gonna be painful w/o a plug-in or a 3rd party app like AE or RED.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics