movies or tv shows edited in final cut

Posted by Sean 
I thought I emailed you about it, Mike. Anyway, wild gig. Worked for 4 months with Walter and Sean. (2 1/2 months in they went to SF to cut, rest of crew stayed in LA).

Crazy thing is - with all my experience in FCP and HD, I spent 3/4 of my time on Pro Tools syncing dailies! But it was great - not only working with HD video on FCP, but also working with 24 bit BWF audio files from sound recordist. Sort of like HD for audio.

Walter and Sean - those two are absolutely brilliant. In twenty years of feature film post production on so many major feature films, I have never seen a more perfect post production workflow. Post production the way it should be. Those two should get special achievment Oscars.
no i didn't make it to that meeting mostly because i live in seattle haha but thats cool napoleon dynamite was done in fcp i love that movie
well yea good point nick but for a twenty year old with very little money trying to get familiar with fcp all i need is the basics right now obviously my long term goal is to make a boat load of money haha
Re: movies or tv shows edited in final cut
June 22, 2005 02:05PM
<<< WOW look at all this crap that my one question generated hahahahaha any ways thanks to anyone who gave me any advice thats the one thing i can't get enough of especially since i'm not even in the industury "yet" >>>

<<< no i didn't make it to that meeting mostly because i live in seattle haha but thats cool napoleon dynamite was done in fcp i love that movie >>>

<<< well yea good point nick but for a twenty year old with very little money trying to get familiar with fcp all i need is the basics right now obviously my long term goal is to make a boat load of money haha >>>[/I]

Sean,

What you need here is the basics of English typing winking smiley

I can't believe nobody's hit on this yet, but since you asked for advice in an earlier post, here's some: Please use some flippin' PUNCTUATION when posting on a public forum. You have not used a single period or comma in any of your posts. Maybe your keyboard is just missing the "," and "." keys? You may be 20 yrs old and rarin' to go, but you'll never get INTO the industry if you continue to write like a serial killer.

That's My 2¢

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

koz exchanged a few e-mails with me about it and i can write in fact
i'm a good writer but i see this as it doesn't matter here so i don't
pay attention to it but any ways thanks for the advice
June 22, 2005 02:37PM
Sean wrote:

> koz exchanged a few e-mails with me about it and i can write in
> fact
> i'm a good writer but i see this as it doesn't matter here so i
> don't
> pay attention to it but any ways thanks for the advice

It does mater, Sean. People judge one another very quickly. We judge each other by the clothes we wear, the length of our hair, the car we drive, and the place we live in. And we judge people on their ability to communicate in online forums such as this one. Yes, it shouldn't be this way, and God knows first impressions are usually wrong, but the way it seems to work in life is that the first impression is often the only shot we have.

Chatting with no punctuation is appropriate but watch that it doesn't become a habit. Might be a tough one to break. Plus, when asking a question or giving an answer, it is VERY important to be as precise as you can. Punctuation helps a lot in that area.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Out of everyone that has talked to me about my writing Michael did it in the most professional matter. That i appreciate because criticisism does nothing for me except piss me off. So thank you michael for the advice i will use it.
Dude, you totally missed the point. You ASKED for help and guidance. It was given to you, albeit brutally. But at least it was honest. And your reply is: I don't take criticism. Remember - you asked for it!

So here we go again:

1) Editing is storytelling. Which starts as an idea. And then is transferred into words on a piece of paper. It is crucial for editors to be able to write and communicate clearly. That's all we are saying - I'll leave it at that.

2) Learn to LOVE criticism. If you don't like it - get out of this business now! It is ALL you will hear from a director, producer, and even your mother! You should even criticize your own work! Striving for perfection

3) You said "So thank you michael for the advice i will use it." If you actually meant that, it would have came out as: "So, thank you Michael. I will use it.
Greg Kozikowski
June 22, 2005 08:00PM

<<<That i appreciate because criticisism does nothing for me>>>

That's "criticism."

<g>

Koz
June 22, 2005 08:11PM
...unbelievable.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

I meant all that with love. This thread is getting old... lets move on and have some cake tonight!
June 23, 2005 01:34AM
well, i seriously cut back on caps when i got RSI,
hope that didnt annoy anyone too much!
and before that i used my own rules for capitaslising words: kinda german with nouns in caps, plus anything else i thought helped the cause.
i use lots of line breaks, and all the rest of the puctuation family, too.

but if we're going to compare writing styles with editing, which is an interesting idea... then the non-stop flow of info in seans posts reminds me of films like "tarnation". it's pretty modern, and maybe the voice of an upcoming generation accustomed to texting, etc.
it's exhausting for us older folks, tho!
and realistically, not condusive to the way we need to exchange info here.
i cut a film on how to survive a job interview:
one of the tips: dress like them!

hope you enjoyed the cake,
wish i was there,
nick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics