sleeping disorder

Posted by Mike Stathopoulos 
sleeping disorder
June 25, 2005 12:29AM
I am running Tiger (10.4.1) and FCP 5 on my rather slow G4. Whenever I put the system to sleep, upon awaking programs unexpectedly quit. Has anyone else experienced this?
Re: sleeping disorder
June 25, 2005 03:31AM
pro app HATE running on a mac just awaking
June 25, 2005 07:49AM
The sleep function of MacOS X is dubious at best. Sleep was designed for Powerbooks to conserve battery life. but some idiot thought that it would work well on non-powerbooks.

Well, it has caused mucho troubles for people leaving their computers on and letting them nod off. This and other forums are repleat with user woes after waking up a sleeping MAC.

Don't allow you system to sleep if you keep any software apps open. It just causes too many problems and is counterproductive. I do allow my monitor to turn off after a specfied period of time but no spinning down hard drives or the like.
June 25, 2005 08:54AM
Use screensavers, not Sleep Mode. I've had computers refuse to wake up. (Lots of us can relate!) Set your System Preferences - Energy Saver to "Never". *Especially* don't let the computer put hard disks to sleep.
Actually I have a problem with screensavers. They deplete the system resources and slow down rendering. I'll just go back to turning the monitors off. Thank you for your response. On a side note, are you the guy who inherited my digital editing class at the NEw York Film Academy? I could swear I saw your name somewhere there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics