re: Photoshop question

Posted by derekmok 
June 28, 2005 09:07AM
I've had to deal with a grossly annoying feature in my copy of Photoshop. Sometimes when I launch it, it automatically goes into loading "Adobe online components", and almost immediately I get the spinning beach ball of death. If I force-quit Photoshop then relaunch it, it goes into the online component search again. Double-clicking on a PSD or image file to open Photoshop produces the same results.

I've looked under Preferences to try to turn off this automatic update feature, but never found it. In the meantime, the only way I can fix it is by restarting the computer, then launching Photoshop and clicking on "Cancel" within half a second of the dialogue box appearing.

Anybody who can help me eradicate this problem? I'm running Photoshop 7.0 with a dual 2GHz G5, 512MB of RAM, OS 10.3.9.
June 28, 2005 09:20AM
You might want to find your Adobe Online Plugin and stuffit or zip it and see if this helps.
June 28, 2005 09:24AM
Dump your PS Prefs and restart.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 28, 2005 09:43AM
Which ones?
June 28, 2005 01:43PM
There is only one. I am on CS, but it should be close to the same path:

Home/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop Settings/Adobe Photoshop Prefs.psp

If you have multiple versions of Photoshop on your machine, I suggest you dump the older version.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 28, 2005 04:13PM
Yeah, found it this morning. Thanks. Now to wait for the next time it automatically updates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics