This Mpeg4 is HUUUGE!!!

Posted by Adam 
This Mpeg4 is HUUUGE!!!
June 30, 2005 07:15PM
I don't understand why this particular MPEG4 is so big.

I am trying to convert a 1 minute video to an Mpeg4 file and it keeps turning out to be 31 to 38 MB. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

The paths I take are:

File
Export
Using File Conversion
Format - I select OPTIONS:

Under Video I select SETTINGS:

Compression type I select MPEG-4 VIDEO

Key Frame every 19 frames

Compressor is at MEDIUM

I select OK and go back to Movie Settings;

Under Size I make it 320 X 240

I go back to Movie Settings:

Click on SOUND and select 8 bit , and Mono, at 22.050 KHz

(and as I am typing this I just realized I was not selecint any compressor . . that could be it right?

Well i'm going to go back and select a compressor, but if you see something else that I did not do could you help me?

Thanks,
Adam
Re: This Mpeg4 is HUUUGE!!!
June 30, 2005 07:18PM
OK that part where I was not selecting a compressor for the audio was not really adding or taking away from the problem. . . so I'm still not sure what I am doing wrong.

I dont see how these huge Windows Media Files can be so long in time, and look so good . .
Re: This Mpeg4 is HUUUGE!!!
June 30, 2005 10:26PM
Maybe others have but I have had not much luck getting small files using MPEG 4 but with Sorenson 3 pro I have. being able to keyframe every 100 per frame ( ie 15 fps keyframe at 150) seems to work well and cuts the file size down.
DON'T USE MPEG-4!!!
July 01, 2005 12:23PM
Sorenson is a much cleaner codec IMHO. MUCH smaller files and clean images out of Cleaner 6:

30 sec spot @ 320x240 / Sorenson Video Compressor / 29.97 fps / QDesign Music 2 Audio Compression - 44.100 khz - 16 bit - Stereo - 32 kbits per sec / No Keyframes / Millions of Colors / 1000 kbits per sec Video Data Rate

= 4.2 Megs and is so clear, you can read the DISCLAIMERS.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Greg Kozikowski
Re: DON'T USE MPEG-4!!!
July 01, 2005 12:45PM

I can remember when 4.2M was 7/10 of a second of video.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics