NTSC Monitor burn in

Posted by John Langly 
John Langly
NTSC Monitor burn in
July 12, 2005 08:41AM
So I bought a sony monitor off of ebay. Trinitron NTSC 13 inch monitor. Its damn near clear and very sharp. I have a very sharp sharp eye, I used to be a beta tester so any types of flaws immediatley jump out at me or over time they appear more apparent. I didn't notice it at first but now do. If there is something very blown out or bright in my image, I can see very slight burn in, a few numbers in the upper left and lower right, also there is a slight vertical shade that splits the monitor into two (this looks like something that would be normal but I cant tell) all of these things are very very subtle, I and people with my crazy hawk eyes would be the only ones that would notice them

what is the repair process like for getting rid of these burn ins or is that something that just lives and dies with the monitor forever ?

thanks
Greg Kozikowski
Re: NTSC Monitor burn in
July 12, 2005 10:22AM
You bought a surveillance monitor or a monitor used on a tape machine with the machine ID burned in over years.

You and the monitor are stuck. The repair process is to replace the kinescope (picture tube) and I believe Sony stopped making them.

When you could replace the tube, the replacement process cost $1,999 and a new monitor cost $2000.

Koz
Re: NTSC Monitor burn in
July 12, 2005 11:32AM
...you probably saved a ton of $$$ buying it on ebay anyway, so cut your losses and keep an eye out for another one down the road. At least you have one...a lot of folks are editing with no output monitor at all.

...silly, huh?

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics