Multichannel Audio Exporting Using Firewire Help!

Posted by Detour 
Multichannel Audio Exporting Using Firewire Help!
July 20, 2005 06:55AM
Can Final Cut Pro Hi Export 4 Channels of Audio through 1394 FireWire
(2 Channels L & R and 2 Channels L & R.) I'm going to export my movie to DVcam tape and want to know if this is possible. I know by lower the biterate the DVcam tape can take 4 channels of audio. But I don't know how to get it to work using Final Cut Pro

THANKS

Re: Multichannel Audio Exporting Using Firewire Help!
July 20, 2005 07:03AM
You need a deck with four channels of audio input.

All the best,

Tom
July 20, 2005 09:38AM
No its not that simple I wish... The 4 audio channels need to go through firewire, thats where I'm stuck at. I already have a DVCam deck So I know according to the deck I can do the transfer if I lower the bitrate.

But thanks away's for your responce...
July 20, 2005 10:22AM
Not via FireWire. The deck can use 32K to record two stereo tracks, but can only do that through analog inputs.

All the best,

Tom
July 20, 2005 10:25AM
Ok so if thats the only way to do it. Then what external device can I hook up to my mac to help me do the transfer. And Idea?

Thanks
July 20, 2005 10:42AM
I don't think you can on a DVCAM deck, not and feed the vision over FireWire. Someone else may know of a way.

All the best,

Tom
July 20, 2005 05:12PM
You could always record it in two passes, one for each set of audio channels. I get a lot of 4-channel Betas from clients and I get them dubbed this way to DVCam, then marry the 4 channels later and discard one of the video tracks. Will that work for wherever your tape is going?

Otherwise isn't there a capture board/breakout box with 4 audio channel ouputs that can go into a DVCam deck with the proper hookups?

JK
July 20, 2005 06:16PM
I thought of that making 2 passes, but the company wants it done 1 video track and 4 audio tracks all in 1 pass. I was wondering if they sell a break out box that will work with FCP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics