Exporting Batch List/Sequences

Posted by RWilson 
Exporting Batch List/Sequences
July 26, 2005 11:05AM
I'm having a problem exporting batch lists for my edited sequences. I followed the procedure of clicking on the sequence name in the bin, then going to file/export/batch list, but my entire browser info is exported except for non-captured clips and the sequences--which I need. HELP!
Thanks in advance.
Hi,

You can't export a sequence as batch list this way.
Create a new bin double-click the bin to open, select all clips in the sequence and drag them to this bin, then delete all transitions and generators, slugs etc (in the bin). Then select all and file/export/batch list.

Andreas

Re: Exporting Batch List/Sequences
July 26, 2005 06:28PM
Andreas-thank you so much for your advice. A follow-up question: if I move the sequence from the browser into the new "export" Bin, and I must delete all transitions, slugs, etc., how do I save the integrity of my original sequence???

Robyn
Hi,

With your question a new question arises: what or why do you want to do that.

A batch list just gives you the data for a bunch of files - nothing else.
An EDL would give you a list of data for a cut sequence with some simple effect
data.
A XML will give give you nearly every data of a sequence.
So the question is, what do you want to do?

Andreas
July 26, 2005 07:13PM
I'm trying to back up all of my work in a text format. I'm preparing to upgrade my present harddrive to a raid-- I've been working on a feature length doc for a couple of years and have an incredible amount of footage, clips and some preliminary edited sequences that I want to preserve---just in case something happens the process of upgrading my HD. Am I being ridiculous?? What do you recommend?? Since receiving your last e-mail, I haven't had tremendous luck exporting my sequences. It will export just the headings, no info.

Thank you sooooo much for your patience and guidance!!!
R-
Hi,

Why in text format?
But in this case you should use XML. It's to a certain extent human readable and will keep all the structure of your projects and the clips metadata as well as sequences and their structures. It won't keep references to any renderings.

Andreas
July 27, 2005 09:04AM
as andreas says, XML would be the best "text" format,

but you ARE complicating things.

make backups of your FCP project, THAT's the real deal.
back it up onto an external drive, or USB flash drive.
or archive it and e-mail it to yourself.

cheers,
nick

July 27, 2005 09:20AM
Thank you so much. Yep, I will back it up to an external drive. Many THANKS to you and Andreas for your time!!

R--
July 27, 2005 09:22AM
Got it. Thank you so much. I was over-complicating things! I'll back up my project to an external drive, then play around with exporting to XML.

Thanks again!!!!!!
R
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics