10.3.9 and FCP 4.5

Posted by 14hdcp 
10.3.9 and FCP 4.5
July 26, 2005 05:44PM
I'm trying to help someone in the company with the above system and program config. I vaugely remember at a couple of LAFCPUG meetings the recommendation of not using this very pair. I searched the forum list and can't find any mention of the conflicts. Right now it's not playing audio in capture mode, while it does in from the timeline, but the timeline picture doesn't play in sync with the audio. It hangs up until you stop. I'm sure there are more but right now that's all the bugs and all she's trying to accomplish.

If someone has the procedures for going back to 10.3.7 (as I remember that was the last good mate for 4.5). I have the 10.3.5 disks and I would love to try just installing over the 10.3.9 and then going to apple for the update to 3.7, but I worry about losing stuff.

I thought I'd add that because the machine is also used for ProTools he audio is running through m-box and the protools dongle is in the usb port. If it's relavent.

Thanks
barrett

Post Edited (07-26-05 16:16)

Barrett Taylor
Re: 10.3.9 and FCP 4.5
July 27, 2005 03:26AM
Hi Barrett,

That is not a good idea when the exciting OS is being overwrite at the middle of the project. You better try to install the fresh OS on other partition or harddisk for troubleshooting.

I always keep at least two active OS on every computers

Good Luck
Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics