GETTING TIME CODE ON THE SCREEN

Posted by Scott 
GETTING TIME CODE ON THE SCREEN
July 29, 2005 02:16PM
I AM IN THE PROCESS IN FINISHING A ROUGH CUT IN FCP-4HD ON G-5. I NEED TO TAKE THE TIME LINE AND EXPORT IT AND BURN TO DVD.

BUT I NEED TO BE SURE THE TIME CODE FROM THE TIME LINE APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. SO THAT WAY WHEN THE DIRECTOR WATCHES IT HE CAN TELL ME WHAT CHANGES HE WANTS MADE BASED ON THE TIME CODE.

I HAVE CHECKED THE BOOK AND CANNOT FIND HOW TO DO THIS IN FCP-4. IS IT POSSIBLE? IF SO, WOULD SOMEONE BE KIND ENOUGH TO TELL ME HOW TO DO IT.

THANKS,

SCOTT
Re: GETTING TIME CODE ON THE SCREEN
July 29, 2005 05:16PM
Filters - Timecode Reader. Nest your assembly sequence into another sequence, then apply the filter to the nested sequence.

And Scott, ease up on the capital letters, will ya?
July 29, 2005 06:28PM
The timecode reader will display the tc burnt into your clip and not the timecode as it relates to your sequence.

For this, nest your sequence as derek mentioned, and apply the "Timecode Generator" filter.

July 29, 2005 07:24PM
When applied to a nested sequence, the Timecode Reader will read the timecode on the nested sequence, not the clips inside the nested sequence.
Touche! Thanks for clearing that up for me derek.
Hey Guys:

Thanks for the help. I will give that a try. And Derek, sorry about the caps. Just a little easier for me to read.

You guys have a great weekend!!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics