Video to Powerpoint using FCP?

Posted by Adam 
Video to Powerpoint using FCP?
August 10, 2005 02:08PM
What format should I convert the video to so I can put some video clips in a power point presentation. I have not done any powerpoint stuff since I was on my last Discreet system, and there I made WMV files . .

The person who will be needing it will be using a windows laptop. I am assuming AVI, since FCP can make those . .

Any tips on what to do, and how to make a good compressed file that will still look good?

Thanks,
Adam
Re: Video to Powerpoint using FCP?
August 12, 2005 01:38PM
Anybody . . . Anybody . . . Beuler . . Beuler . . . something D O O . . Vooo Doo Economics.

Anybody ever work with Power Point here?
Adam
November 10, 2005 06:47PM
Hey Adam,
I see there wasn't a massively enthusiastic response to your query and I'm not going to be any help either because I have the same question as you. How did you go eventually? Any helpful tips exporting from Final Cut for high quality power point?
Cheers
Noel
November 10, 2005 06:53PM
Hey Noel,
Well I finally got something . . it was not great. It still looked a lot more pixelated than a longer WMV file would look. Not sure how WMV files can look so good , so compressed, and at such long time. But files from Apple can't seem to get the same quality. I know I have to be doing something wrong, because I have a disk full of APPLE commercials from the past to present. Some of them are very long commercials and they are less than 4MB on some of them. But they still look good.

I'll have to go back to the office to see what I did, walk through my steps. But I think I wound up using Compressor and turning them into mpeg1 files through that. It's a bit tedius of a system at first, but once you get the hang of it , you can use it pretty quickly.

I'll reply more later with details, or maybe somebody else will by the time I do.

Adam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics