Pleasantville Effect in FCP5

Posted by Jay Brown 
Pleasantville Effect in FCP5
August 17, 2005 01:15PM
Need some help guys. I knew how to do the pleasantville effect in FCP3, but in the color corrector filter, there is no invert button that I can see. Anyone know the new way to do it?
Re: Pleasantville Effect in FCP5
August 17, 2005 02:41PM
[www.lafcpug.org]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

G-Joe-

Thanks for the response, but I aready have done it in FCP3 for a few years now, just can't find/figure it out in FCP5. Anyone know how to do it?
Re: Pleasantville Effect in FCP5
August 17, 2005 03:07PM
Sorry...you didn't mention FCP5 in your post smiling smiley

I'm still at 4.5

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

You use the three way color corector (or just the color corrector filter)

in FCP 5 the limit effect is hidden - it's a twirl down arrow at the botton of the filter.

Use the eyedropper to select the color you want to keep
Click on the key symbol to see exactly how much of the color you actually selected.

You can expand the range of color using the sat and luma and color timelines to grab more of the color....your key mattte will expand as you do this...click the key again to get your final mat...drop the saturation and that color will disappear...

If you want to only keep that color....click the bottom symbol under the key (not exactually sure what that is...a distorted square? Parallelogram? ) it will invert your picture and keep only the color you selected...and with the saturation dropped to zero - turn the rest black and white.

Enjoy your pleasantville experience.

Andy Field
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics