Mighty Mouse from Apple

Posted by Adam 
Mighty Mouse from Apple
August 23, 2005 08:46AM
What are the opinions of the new mouse from Apple? In my own, meaningless, opinion I have not been able to gel with the mouse from Apple in the past. I don't care for the one pad clicker. Maybe it's a twitch with my hand, but when the two clickers are going to be on the side I would not be able to comfortable right or left click. When I right clicked I would sort of push the mouse to the right, making the pointer slide off the object I was trying to double click . . Right now I have an outside mouse on my Mac with the roll bar and two convinient clickers on the top where my fingers naturally rest.
Re: Mighty Mouse from Apple
August 23, 2005 10:13AM
i like the 360 degree scrolling ability, and touch sensitive is nice. BUT i found myself accidentally clicking a few times... i also think the profile is way too low. im quite used to the larger, palm filling contour of the logitec products.

to me, apple has not made a decent mouse since the early 90's. that round "carpal-tunnal-inducing" hockey puck they made back in the late 90's got the ball rolling in the wrong direction, and they still havent quite made it back.
August 23, 2005 10:20AM
It's the one thing I hate about the Logitech track ball designs. They sit up so high they force your wrist back. It really is a bad position to work. One of the best designs was a track ball called a Stingway. It way a wide plate with a ball. Your hand was practically flat and could use your thumb and rink finger to click.

All the best,

Tom
August 23, 2005 11:06AM
Apple already has amazing programs. I'm not sure why they feel they have to be so outside of the ordinary with everything including even a simple mouse. Leave the mouse alone I say smiling smiley It's perfect with 2 front clickers and a scroll.

I know I am sinning by mentioning Microsoft in here, but I have a Microsoft mouse (for work) I use instead and it's just fine.
August 23, 2005 04:59PM
I like the mighty mouse, its nice to see apple being realistic about their user interface. I changed my expose to the third button so it won;t accidentally activate with the f9-10-etc keys or going to the corners. It could be wireless but im all right with out it. HOWEVER, the scrollball seems perfect and it does work well for navigating the timeline with one exception. During playback, it does nothing until you stop playback where it will jump to where you moved it to be but then jumpback to where the playhead is. BUT during playback you can go to the scroll button and move ahead. So basically i've trained myself not to use this new feature i liked because it doesn;t work all the time which is really too bad.

August 24, 2005 06:52PM
I'm through editing with mice. I switched to a stylus and tablet. Still kinda getting the hang of it, but it's more comfortable in the long run for me.

Andy
August 24, 2005 09:45PM
I have been Designing / Editing on a Wacom Tablet / Pen since '96. I recently got used to the included programmable 5 button cordless mouse because it's fatter than normal and fits my extra large hand better than those prissy laser mice. The scroll wheel is also SUPER-handy for menu scrolling & zooming (among other things). I had the "puck" a few years back on a G3, but I got that plastic extension that snapped on to make it longer and thicker...was pretty nice after that.

When Apple comes out with their own Pen, Mouse & Tablet combo, then they might have something there (aside from pi$$ing off another colleague winking smiley )

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 25, 2005 10:26AM
Yes I agree. I've worked with a stylus and when I got used to it, it was the best. Especially when going in to do work with Combustion, or Photoshop.

Adam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics