FLEXIES?

Posted by broomsfly 
FLEXIES?
August 26, 2005 07:48AM
Hello again,

We shot a full length feature in film and edited in FCP4.

The negatives were telecine transferred to time-coded DVCam tapes with burnt-in Keycode windows. The finished tranfers came with a diskette containing the flex files as follows: 1.flx, 2.flx and so on.

I imported it as a telecine log in Cinema tools but all I got was an error message "Error: 1.flx does not appear to be a properly formatted log file"

I couldn't import it as a batch list in FCP4.

I was able to open the said files in Text Edit, and although they do have the lab roll and key code data they look confusing and I found it easier just to capture the whole tape on the fly and subclip the material in FCP.

Question: why was I not able to import the flex files in Cinema tools? I have read in the FCP manual that it supports flex files among others.

Please enlighten me. thanks heaps.

brooms
Re: FLEXIES?
August 26, 2005 01:34PM
I've had no problem with flex files in FCP 4.5. Might be an issue with 4.0
August 26, 2005 04:15PM
yeah...FCP 4.0 had huge issues. Upgrade (for free) to FCP HD by using the System Preferences SOFTWARE UPDATE option.

FCP HD is the most stable and most reliable version of FCP to date.

BUT, this is an issue with Cinema Tools, for it is the one trying to import the files. Ask the post facility if they can convert the files to .ale and resend them. Occasionally I had issues with .flx files that was solved when they were converted.
Mark
August 26, 2005 05:11PM
If you want to try the ALE route, you can send them over and I'll try and convert them for you.

mwjburton at hotmail dot com

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics