Datavideo Dac-10

Posted by Cameron Young 
Datavideo Dac-10
September 21, 2005 06:31PM
Anybody used this converter? It looks like a better unit than the Canopus, yet more money. But, you get what you pay for, yes?

Thanks,
Cam
Anonymous User
Re: Datavideo Dac-10
September 21, 2005 08:02PM
Search this forum for the Dac-10 and see what others are saying

ron
September 21, 2005 08:10PM
Cam...

I have been using the DAC 10 for a couple of years now and I've been very pleased.

Picture quality is slightly better than Canopus, especially if you check underscan and examine the edges.

It has a black burst output which is good for sync on certain Beta Decks.

It also has a quasi TBC. You can adjust brightness, contrast and color on anything going in. It's not a full fledged TBC, but a decent substitute...especially in this price range.

And ...all the ouputs are hot all the time. Which means you can connect multiple decks for layoffs without patching.

Thumbs up for me.

Ron
September 21, 2005 10:49PM
Thanks, Ron for your thumbs up.............Mike, I'll go for a "search".
September 22, 2005 09:19AM
I am still using a DAC-2...which has been absolutely priceless. It was discontinued and the DAC-10 replaced it in their product line. I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Datavideo equipment (and you'll find posts from me saying so in a Forum Search)!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 22, 2005 01:59PM
Joey, thanks for the recommendation......the unit definitely has alot of ins and outs......well, pull out the ATM card, and here we go!

Cam
September 22, 2005 05:47PM
Cam,

$565 + $15 shipping - brand new on ebay:

[cgi.ebay.com]

Good luck!

- Joey

Post Edited (09-22-05 15:48)

September 22, 2005 06:04PM
suuweeeeeeeeeeeeet deal! Best price out there......now if it actually arrives, now, now, trust your fellow man.

thanks, Joey
September 22, 2005 09:22PM
Let us know how it goes, Cam smiling smiley

- Joey

October 14, 2005 07:48PM
Joey, have been using the Dac-10, and you are right, it works nicely....only problem is, I have to run my JVC DV deck direct into the computer.....I guess because I use the converter to run signals to the broadcast monitor and speakers, the computer just doesn't "see" the deck.....no biggie, enough FW ports to go around.

Again, thanks,
Cam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics