I kicked my G5 in the face and I will do it again ! I am the destroyer, please !

Posted by Mark Barry 
Ok, so... what does it mean when I click my main harddrive on my desktop, the harddrive that has all my apps and OS stored on it, what happens when I click this icon, the HD popup window pops up briefly, then disappears, then everything goes blank, including my desktop, everything, all I see is my wallpaper momentarily, this all happens very quickly and then everything gets restored. Pissed off, I click on the harddrive icon again, same thing happens, 4th time is a charm - Also, I encoded a few MOV files into MPEG2 files using compressor, and VOILA ! I now have several m2v files that display no quicktime icon at all, when I try to important these apparent blank m2v files, DVDSP4 crashes like a jetplane into a glacier - It only works when I right click the icon-deficient m2v file and select open with and force it to open with quicktime that I'm able to finally import into DVDSP4. Oh yeah, I recently performed the most recent apple upgrades . I've never had problems like this before.

My sys is as follows,

1.8 ghz single processor
1.5 gigs RAM
PANTHER
QUICKTIME 7.01 (downgraded from 7.02)
Final Cut Studio
Re: I kicked my G5 in the face and I will do it again ! I am the destroyer, please !
September 24, 2005 06:06AM
Time to restart, open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

Big time.
Re: I kicked my G5 in the face and I will do it again ! I am the destroyer, plea
September 24, 2005 03:12PM
mark,

I think you win the award for most interesting subject line of the month!

You may want to try doing a clean install. Sounds like you've got some serious issues here.

Good luck.

Mark
Re: I kicked my G5 in the face and I will do it again ! I am the destroyer, please !
September 24, 2005 07:19PM
Clean Install. Also, you should be on QT 6.5.2 in Panther (reinstaller on the Apple website).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 24, 2005 10:01PM
"Clean Install"

Yup. Sadly. Sounds like the Finder at best, or System at worst is trashed.

- Justin Barham -
Damn, well thanks guys. Looks like things went back to normal but I still don't trust it. Funny how my system poops on me right before a deadline. Damn you to hell Murphy !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics