AVI files to import

Posted by Roger Good 
AVI files to import
September 26, 2005 02:38PM
New question for me. What to do with AVI files? How can they be imported into FCP 5 so that they will be playable, editable, viewable, renderable?

Any help?

Roger Good
Greg Kozikowski
Re: AVI files to import
September 26, 2005 03:46PM

I thought FCP could import and export AVI files. It has troubles with Windows Media.

Koz
September 26, 2005 03:50PM
I have just imported them. I can't remember if they needed rendering, but, I think they just play out.

Cam
September 26, 2005 06:21PM
> I thought FCP could import and export AVI files

It can. But not well. If you love playing with beach balls, especially spinning multi-coloured ones that intrude on your editing session every two or three minutes, by all means use AVIs. I just had to edit a short film (12 minutes) where most of the media was in AVI format and it took about four times longer than usual.
September 26, 2005 09:15PM
If you're having trouble with them you could always convert them to whatever you like with something like ffmpegX - do search on google for it.

It's a bit more complcated than your stock download to get started because you have to download some other components from other websites, but it works brilliantly once you've set it up.
Greg Kozikowski
September 26, 2005 10:26PM

Couild you not simply use FCP to convert? Export the clips from the preview as your native format and reimport?

Koz
Re: WMV? Yes !
September 27, 2005 07:49AM
Well, never say never. Someone made this for us.

[www.flip4mac.com]

Although, don't have time to play with it, but its seem to be quite nice=)

Have Fun

Antonio Hui

Re: WMV? Yes !
September 27, 2005 01:13PM
sweet!

thanks, Antonio
September 27, 2005 01:24PM
to answer the original question.....YES!....FCP plays out AVI files.....I have done it many times with the files from my still camera when I use movie mode.....actually makes for a nice second or third camera "look".....not for anything but family stuff, but, I always carry my still cam with me, so I have the ability to shoot video whenever.....and so nice to just upload the "footage" from the camera to computer.

Cam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics