OT: Another "BIGGIE FILM" Edited on FCP HD...

Posted by grafixjoe 
OT: Another "BIGGIE FILM" Edited on FCP HD...
October 04, 2005 09:15AM
The first "Stop Motion" film to be recorded & edited digitally:

Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride"

[www.apple.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

FWIW, I've spoken with someone who was on the editorial team and they cursed it every day.

Don't always believe the marketing hype.
--
Jay
<<<they cursed it every day.>>>

Can you elaborate? Somewhere between marketing hype and "cursing" lies valuable information.

Scott
Anonymous User
Re: OT: Another "BIGGIE FILM" Edited on FCP HD...
October 04, 2005 12:11PM
Not what I heard. In fact the complete opposite. I wonder about the validity of this post seeing there is no email attached to it nor a real name used.

Greg Kozikowski
October 04, 2005 12:18PM

Return address: JayK@Avid.com

Koz
Anonymous User
October 04, 2005 12:27PM
FWIW, its OK to diss FCP on this forum but not OK to spread rumor. There is always going to be a member of any post team on any movie who is going to hate Final Cut Pro. Why? Cause its different, and many people hate different.

More:

There never has been a project (of any length or any complexity) that does not have someone, sometime, cursing. It's the way of it: creative tension is a necessary (and IMHO) desirable thing.

And the dissenting poster was totally vague as to what the alleged cursers (!) were cursing about: FCP, animating digital stills, the script, the pay....?

Really, a waste of time

Good to be back!

Kit
Anonymous User
October 04, 2005 09:29PM
Nice to see ya back Kit. Hope all is well with you.

October 05, 2005 12:07AM
Hey Mike,

What ever happened to making folks register a legit email address?? winking smiley

Very good, Koz...I was going to say he sounds like an infidel from Avid winking smiley

"...FWIW, I've spoken with someone who was on the editorial team and they cursed it every day.

Don't always believe the marketing hype."

jayk,

Well, your nasty retort isn't worth anything since you didn't back it up with some facts.

Why don't you try reading the link I posted and make up your own mind? Looks like they had a blast doing it and in case you live in an underground cavern and haven't seen some images of this beautiful piece of work, it turned out pretty spectacular.

Maybe it's YOU that shouldn't believe the hype your "someone on the editorial team" is telling you. If you're gonna start a negative rant, at least back it up with some factual commentary as to why or it holds no merit. Maybe that "someone on the editorial team" was a gofer that didn't get to do anything but get coffee and take out the trash winking smiley

I would hate that too smiling smiley

- Joey

Post Edited (10-04-05 22:45)

October 05, 2005 01:04AM
BTW on a small side note from way up north

&lt;[www.apple.com];

FrameBlender helped revive the TOFCPUG (Toronto Final Cut UG) to it current level

Great guys, all of them

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
Anonymous User
October 05, 2005 01:07AM
grafixjoe wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> What ever happened to making folks register a legit email
> address?? winking smiley
>

Did a mini poll and no one liked the idea of forcing registration. I dont like it much either

October 05, 2005 12:03PM
"...Did a mini poll and no one liked the idea of forcing registration. I dont like it much either"

...then the "jayk's" of the world will just spam us & leave - unabated.

Bummer sad smiley

- Joey

Anonymous User
October 05, 2005 12:09PM
its been VERY rare. The mods do a good job of deleting the spam quickly and this thread is more about "what's the source" than spam.

Again, I want to emphasize that it is OK to rant on about FCP, just back it up when you do.

<< ... will just spam us & leave>>

That's the silver lining here. I wish my spammers would leave after one try...

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics