Yikes! Un-edit Quicktime

Posted by elaine 
Yikes! Un-edit Quicktime
July 02, 2001 01:21PM
<HTML>Hi,

OK, I'm a new user to FCP, who made a goofy mistake. I had my 2nd hard drive filled up. So, I went into my large quicktime files and deleted out what was not needed. But, on the drive it did not show any change in size, but the quicktime does show less of the movie.

I open my FCP, and realize that by editing the Quicktime, I messed with the time code. So, now my whole movie is wrong, since it is referring to different time codes.

So, does anyone know if there is a way to un-edit the cuts I did in Quicktime, so I can go back to the time code that works. Like I say, the edits did not change Quicktime's file size, so hopefully it is still there?

Or is there a way FCP can find what the old time code was and put that clip in?

Thanks,
Elaine</HTML>
<HTML>If you didn't use the Media Manager to trim your clips you are in a world of trouble. Timecode is stored on a separate track in QuickTime and by trimming the movie in anything other that FCP, you risk overwriting the timecode track - especially if you saved the movie as a self-contained file. You may need to delete all the "corrupted" quicktime files, then recapture the clips.

Steve Martin
Creative Director
www.dvcreators.net
World's best DV Workshops- Coast-to-coast
"Secrets of Final Cut Pro" CD now shipping!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics