Help! How do we synch up clips from 2 cameras?

Posted by Judy Smith 
<HTML>Help!

We are currently trying to synchronize our clips that were shot from 2 cameras during a wedding. We have audio intact for both clips and we were thinking about synchronizing the audio first so that the video is also synched up. However, we are at a loss as to how to start...

We have FCP 2.0 on a G4 with 768MB of RAM.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Judy Smith</HTML>
<HTML>I've done this with up to five video+audio tracks and a separate DSAT audio track. It is not hard (or I wouldn't have been able to figure it out).

1. Digitize your two tapes.
2. drag them into the time line, one on top of the other, keeping the sound tracks linked to their respective pictures.
3. Find a sharp clear sound that you can identify on both tapes.
4. Turn on the Dispaly waveform so you have a graphic representation of the sound in the time line. And magnify the tracks so that you can see details in the waveform.
5. play the timeline with only one of the tracks turned on. When you get to the distinctive sound, use the foirward and back arrows to line up your cursor precisely with it and mark the track (The ~ in the upper left corner of the keyboard.)
6. Do the same with the second track, so that you end up with marks on both tracks at the same sound.
7. Slip one set of picture and sound so that the marks line up. I usually drag with the mouse until I am close and then use the OPTION Arrow keys to move the selected pix/sound pair a frame at a time.
8. Play the timeline with both tracks turned on. If you get an echo, you are off by a frame or a few.

You can also do this by marking the same action in the picture tracks.</HTML>
Thanks John
July 13, 2001 07:24PM
<HTML>John, thanks so much for your input. We will definitely give it a go...

Sincerely,

Judy Smith
TJB Media</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics