Speeding up capture now

Posted by Bill 
Speeding up capture now
August 13, 2001 06:49PM
<HTML>When I hit Capture Now it is taking about 1 min. for the "Now Capturing" statis to come on. Is there a way or setting to speed this up. This makes it very hard to do a pre roll into it. Working on 28min. show (media on a 40 Gig HD with 153 items, 16.92 Gigs available. FCP 1.2.5 on a 30 Gig HD)

Thanks</HTML>
Re: Speeding up capture now
August 14, 2001 11:17AM
<HTML>The problem you described is indigenous to FCP 1.2.5. This issue has been fixed in version 2, with the new "limit capture now" check box.

Steve Martin
Creative Director
www.dvcreators.net
World's best DV Workshops- Coast-to-coast
"Secrets of Final Cut Pro" CD now shipping!</HTML>
Tom
August 15, 2001 10:07PM
<HTML>I seem to recall a posting awhile back that suggested entering an absurdly large number in "Mininum Allowable Free Space on Scratch Disks:" box found in the Scratch Disk preference tab. I think the default is 10 MB and I don't recall what size the posting suggested. I had the same problem but now I simply use the batch capture.</HTML>
August 20, 2001 10:14PM
<HTML>I was having the same problem. The solution is to update the firewire software. I did that and got the slowdown to about 7 seconds (stiill too long but managable). I also updated to Quicktime 5. Do the update to Firewire 2.5 first. I think that I FTPed into Apple to get that updater but it should be on their web page as well. Also, in my case it happend when I used my second ATA drive as the scratch disk. When I switched to my primary drive, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics