Convert .WMV to .MOV

Posted by Sean 
Convert .WMV to .MOV
October 19, 2005 06:14PM
I need a free or cheap windows based porgram to convert .WMV files to .MOV.

Any help will be appreciated
Re: Convert .WMV to .MOV
October 19, 2005 06:24PM
Not free - but it works - Flip4mac.com

www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

WMV PLAYER PRO is your least expensive option - a bargain at 49.00 if you need to do a lot of this - Andy
October 19, 2005 06:28PM
Thanks just a question though is this a windows based program??
Greg Kozikowski
October 19, 2005 06:52PM
<<< is this a windows based program??>>.

No and this is where it gets sticky.

I don't think there are any Windows-based probems that do that. It was only the introduction of Apple QuickTime Player for Windows that let you play QuickTimes at all on a PC.

To quote from the Book of Microsoft: "Windows Media 10 supports all of the world's animation and video standards....except that silly QuickTime thing."

Well, that 's not an exact quote, but that's the upshot, so it would be rough to find a tool to do it (although I'm sure there probably is...somewhere).

There are Linux tools that will do that and I think the latest Premiere has QuickTme export modules.

Koz

October 19, 2005 06:57PM
Ok so now that i am being told that it's "probably" not possible what other formats will work with iTunes and my new video ipod that i just orderd?

Thanks,

Sean
Anonymous User
October 20, 2005 10:31AM
Oh, well, that's a different thing.

Does the software that you create your WMV's with allow you to create MPEG4s?

The video iPod supports MPEG4, 480x480, 30fps up to 2.5 mbps with stereo aac-lc audio in .m4v, .mp4 or.mov formats. If the program you're using to create your WMVs will allow you to create MPEG4s, you may be just fine.

Otherwise, it looks like QuickTime Pro for Windows will convert WMV to a video iPod-ready format.

[www.apple.com]

October 20, 2005 04:36PM
Yea alot of them are already published movie files i suppose i might be able to import them and republish them but i think that the only option is to get quicktime 7

Thanks

Sean

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics