Looks like someone is trying to stir up it again...

Posted by Ben King 
Looks like someone is trying to stir up it again...
July 01, 2009 07:27PM
[www.variety.com]

Hmm - clearly a few people need to swat up before they go quoting things!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: Looks like someone is trying to stir up it again...
July 01, 2009 07:40PM
Hmmmm

Good find Ben. But then quotes are often taken out of context and inserted into the article for this kind of response.

Its probably true that Apple doesn't sponsor ACE events as it doesn't sponsor much of any events but not true that it doesn't support or listen to ACE editors. It trains hundreds of them. I know. I know some of the trainers. As for slow to upgrade the product, so what? The upgrade gets released when it's ready to be released. What, it's not working?

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 01, 2009 10:23PM
It was Dan who sent the link to this - and it smacks of playground/schoolyard name calling - I'd like to think that the ACE editors are a little more grown up and capable of editing a masterpiece on Windows movie maker if that was the only software available to them!

A tool is a tool - hell I don't complain if someone wants to pay me money to edit on Avid or Premiere...

As for Apple not supporting people - that sucks big time - but then I guess if the bean counters don't see any benefit then we don't get beans and Avid buying votes does not make it a better system to work on.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 02, 2009 07:42PM
Avid Snobs. Pinkies in the air. I could NEVER have done the volume of pieces I did this cycle with the Tiger Woods game if I was still on an Avid. Not even gonna get into a pi$$ing match. Avid Customer Service blows - always has.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 14, 2009 02:38PM
I feel that Avid and FCP need to have a softball game and settle it once and for all the finger smiley
July 14, 2009 03:57PM
The trouble with putting any kind of large wooden or aluminium weapon in the hands of two rival factions is that you might get the wrong type of balls knocked around... I'd have actually taken mine to the side of the Avid Unity I last worked on!

...besides which - the team with me on would be the winning side!!!

I'm a real slugger and when all the bases are loaded Avid would be looking for the ball in the parking lot whilst we romp in a grand slam! tongue sticking out smiley

July 15, 2009 02:09PM
Lol, Mr. King, your name suits you. smileys with beer
July 15, 2009 02:54PM
haha - I also find time to do some cooking whilst I wait in the dugout...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics