CC for single color enhancement

Posted by J.Corbett 
CC for single color enhancement
January 25, 2009 10:47AM
I have a project that has a lot of flowers in it. Most of the the shots have the same lighting but because of temperature changes there are differences. These differences manifest in the buds of flowers.
I have used first and secondary 3-way CC on these shots. However these tones in the buds are bothering me a bit.

I have tried the limit effect in the 3-way.
I have also tried fx factory's color accent.
I have also tried the rgb filter.

These were added in addition to the 2 3-ways I added on almost all shots.
Here are some examples of what i am seeing.

This flower is really more purple than pink. I have posted the shot with the problem 1st and then where i need it to be 2nd. These shots look closer in my monitor than they do as a picture for some reason.

Then there are these 2 shots.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: CC for single color enhancement
January 26, 2009 02:54AM
? Specifically, what are you trying to do? Also, are those screen captures or still exports? I can clearly see the blocks on the reds.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 26, 2009 07:34AM
Here is the crazy part also strypes.

This was a 1hr shoot that had a lot of temp changes, more than usual. I am contemplating not ever using the 'auto white balance' button on the camera anymore. Seems that it gets worse as time passes.

However, i did get the color to balance on the ocean song rose (purplish rose). I just never had anything before requiring me to lean that hard on the blue. My 3-wayCC highs are almost to the black line in blue and halfway there on the mids blue-purplish area to bring the flower bud to look like it was lavender.

I am still working on the roses. I am looking to find some thing that will effect red only. It seems that 'limit effect' to is not quite doing it. (Or i am using it wrong.)

As for the pics they were generated in fcp using shift-n. The shot with the roses i have can be removed but I would like to get the roses in the 2nd pic to be the same as the roses in the 1st though i like the whites in the second pic.

Also in the first pic, i have been able to get the whites clean but the reds have suffered in the process.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
January 26, 2009 07:35AM
by the way do you think that this is the proper place for this thread?

""""
January 26, 2009 02:08PM
Not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but did a quick on the 2nd pic. I did the ones on the right of frame (they're the same) and the third pic. Hate the cold lighting, so i made it a bit warmer, took out the yellows on the first shot. All primary cc so far. And I was in an HD sequence, hence the frame.

>by the way do you think that this is the proper place for this thread?

Hmm... I suppose it's either here or Color.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 26, 2009 02:29PM
>I am contemplating not ever using the 'auto white balance' button on the camera anymore

Uhmm... Not sure how many successful shoots you've had in the "auto" mode, but imho, they are really great for family videos, along with the timer function...

www.strypesinpost.com
January 26, 2009 02:33PM
The second version on the right is what I am looking for. Its warmer.

Give me the how to or point out the tools. Thats real nice strypes.

""""
January 26, 2009 02:53PM
lol

I have had some good ones in predictable situations. But i take it i should just say screw the auto. lmao.

""""
January 26, 2009 03:39PM
Not sure if you noticed, but your black level was a bit high, and your hue was off. Then the lighting was flat. Framing is funky. It is way too cluttered. Can't do much about the framing in post...

Tools wise, it's mainly one 3 way CC. There's no single color enhancement.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 26, 2009 07:52PM
Yeah, it wasn't the best shot. I only had like 30mins of total video and about 15mins of that was somewhat useable.

Here is what I did at first. I used the 1st 3way to correct luma and slightly hue. Then I tried to use a second 3way CC to adjust red only and the third 3way CC for green only.

I was attempting a look where there was amazing greens and reds but everything else was ever so slightly under saturated.

I have been exploring looks a lot lately. It didn't go well so I just used a 3way and a rgb filter to get it close t where you had it.

""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics